Fall, leaves, Pumpkin Ale, & Pumpkin carving; all staples of the season. This Friday, Catawba Brewing Co. hosts their 1st annual Great Catawba Carve – a family friendly pumpkin carving contest – at the Asheville tasting room. Catawba is offering free pumpkins & pumpkin carving kits to the first 30 entries. If you’re not one of the first 30 registrants, you’re asked to BYOP (bring your own pumpkin). Avery’s Hot Dogs will be on site dishing out the dogs, as well as The Hop Ice Cream, who’ll be serving up some very special King Don’s Pumpkin Ale Ice Cream. For the adults, the big treat will be the Stout floats catawba will be whipping up with the Pumpkin ice cream on top!
If you fancy yourself a Picasso of Pumpkins, then get on over there and try your hand at carving. The Grand Prize winner will receive an $85 dollar gift certificate from Catawba Brewing (that’s a lot of King Don, should you not spend it all on T-Shirts).
Here’s what you need to know:
- Event starts at 4pm, and pumpkins must be turned in by 6:30 pm
- Limit One pumpkin per family.
- All pumpkins must be carved on site.
- Bring your own pumpkin, gourd, & accessories to make your entry stand out.
- Entries will be judged @6:30, and they must be placed on the judging tables. (Hint: don’t build something you can’t move)
- People’s choice determines the winner, so everyone at the Tasting Room will be able to vote for their favorite pumpkin. (HINT: bring friends to vote for your entry!)
Winners will be announced by 7pm, and you will not have to be present to win, but PLEASE take your stank pumpkin home after the event.
What: The Great Catawba Pumpking Carve
Where: Catawba Brewing Biltmore Village Tasting Room,
When: 4- 7 pm, Friday October 24th, 2014