Asheville is home to the best breweries, cideries and meaderies in WNC. Downtown Asheville is the heart of it all, featuring 22 breweries to explore. This area includes South Slope breweries, which are perfect for a connected walking tour. Pick up a copy of the Field Guide for a more complete overview of Western North Carolina breweries.
Bhramari Brewing Company
Located in the South Slope Brewing District, Bhramari Brewing Company is a family-friendly brewery, restaurant, and taproom showcasing a roster of flagship brews as well as a rotating selection of small batch beers. Leashed and friendly dogs are welcome in outdoor areas.
‣ Location: 101 S Lexington Ave, Asheville
‣ Hours: Mon-Thur 12-9, Fri-Sat 11-11, Sun 11-9
‣ Call: 828-214-7981
Bold Rock Hard Cider
Bold Rock Hard Cider’s brand new taproom in the heart of Downtown Asheville features a broad range of hard cider, hard lemonade, hard tea, hard seltzers, craft beer, cider cocktails and unique cider varieties crafted on site. The taproom is family-friendly with a scratch kitchen, events, and live music.
‣ Location: 39 N. Lexington Ave, Asheville
‣ Hours: Mon-Thurs 11:30-10, Fri-Sat 11:30-11, Sun 11:30-8
‣ Call: 828-552-3720
Burial Beer Company
Burial Beer’s South Slope taproom and kitchen is fed from their production facility, barrelhouse, and taproom brewery. The tap list has new releases weekly and their offerings include an internationally curated wine list that also features wines from their VISUALS winery.
‣ Location: 40 Collier Ave, Asheville
‣ Hours: Mon-Sun 12-11
‣ Call: 828-475-2739
Catawba Brewing Company
Catawba’s dog-friendly brewery, tasting room, and event space in the South Slope district features cold craft beer and hard seltzer. With weekly small batch beer releases every Thursday, they offer an approachable and innovative selection. Weekly events, live music, and food trucks are announced as scheduled.
‣ Location: 32 Banks Ave, Asheville
‣ Hours: Mon-Thur 2-10, Fri-Sat 12-11, Sun 12-10
‣ Call: 828-552-3934
Eurisko Beer Company
Eurisko is a taproom-focused brewery located steps away from the heart of the South Slope Brewing District. With a shaded biergarten, ample parking, and a wide array of highly drinkable beer, the brewery is family & dog friendly with food trucks and occasional live music.
‣ Location: 255 Short Coxe Ave, Asheville
‣ Hours: Mon-Thurs 2-9, Fri 2-10, Sat 12-10, Sun 12-9
‣ Call: 828-774-5055
Green Man Brewery
As Asheville’s second oldest brewery, Green Man Brewery consistently recognized for the quality of their beer and loyalty to traditional English styles. Family and dog friendly, Green Man has two taproom locations in South Slope, one of which is an indoor/outdoor rooftop (Green Mansion).
‣ Green Mansion Location: 27 Buxton Ave, Asheville
‣ Dirty Jack’s/Brewery Location: 23 Buxton Ave, Asheville
‣ Hours: Mon-Thur 12-9, Fri 12-11, Sat 11-11, Sun 12-9
‣ Text: 828-989-7453
Highland Brewing Downtown
Located on the mezzanine of the S&W Market, Highland Brewing’s downtown taproom has 18 taps of Highland’s core and small batch beers plus views of the city and cozy couches. The location is family-friendly with a food hall offerings and live music.
‣ Location: 56 Patton Ave Suite 200, Asheville (S&W Market)
‣ Hours: Mon-Thur 11:30-9, Fri-Sat 11:30-10, Sun 11:30-7
One World Brewing
One World Brewing is a small-batch hand-craft nano-brewery and alehouse. Their original taproom is a cozy speakeasy in an underground setting, located downtown with game offerings, events, and live music. The location is family and dog friendly.
‣ Location: 10 Patton Ave, Asheville
‣ Hours: Mon-Thur 12-1, Fri-Sat 12-12, Sun 12-9
‣ Call: 828-785-5580
Thirsty Monk Brewery
The Thirsty Monk Brewery downtown taproom features a curated selection of craft beers, Holy Water Hard Seltzer, and cocktails in a bi-level space. Additionally, The Delirium Bar at Thirsty Monk is a place to experience some of the finest Belgian beers in the world, poured in a true Old-World setting.
‣ Location: 92 Patton Ave, Asheville
‣ Hours: Thur 4-10, Fri-Sat 12-12, Sun 2-9
‣ Call: 828-254-5470
Twin Leaf Brewery
A small boutique brewery in the heart of Asheville’s South Slope, Twin Leaf Brewery is an independently owned, kid-and-dog-friendly brewery. With a large outdoor patio and weekly event schedule, Twin Leaf specializes in Belgian-style ales, IPAs and sours.
‣ Location: 144 Coxe Ave, Asheville
‣ Hours: Mon-Wed 2-9, Thur 2-11, Fri-Sat 12-11, Sun 1-9
‣ Call: 828-774-5000
Wedge Brewing – Downtown
Wedge Brewing locations serve as gathering places for people of all ages and walks of life to laugh, exchange ideas and drink Wedge beer. Wedge Brewing’s new downtown location in Grove Arcade features distinctive ales, lagers, and big Belgium style beers.
‣ Wedge at Grove Arcade: 1 Page Avenue, Suite 152
‣ Hours: Wed-Thur 2-9, Fri-Sat 12-10, Sun 12-7
‣ Call: 828-419-1740
Wedge Brewing – River Arts District
Wedge is a neighborhood brewery with two locations in the heart of the River Arts District. Wedge Brewing is known for its distinctive ales, lagers, and big Belgium style beers. Family-friendly and dog friendly with a rotating schedule food trucks and live music.
‣Wedge at Wedge Studios: 37 Paynes Way, Asheville
‣ Call: 828-505-2792
‣ Wedge at Foundation Location: 5 Foundy St, Asheville
‣ Call: 828-253-7152
‣ Hours: Mon-Thur 3-8, Fri-Sat 12-9, Sun 12-8
Asheville’s first craft meadery in the South Slope Brewery District, Wehrloom’s meads have attributes that appeal to beer and cider enthusiasts. Their taproom is family-friendly and dog-friendly.
‣ Location: 32 Banks Ave, Asheville
‣ Hours: Thur 2-8, Fri 2-10, Sat 12-10, Sun 2-8
‣ Call: 828-231-3833
Wicked Weed Brewing
Located in downtown Asheville, the Brewpub is the original home of Wicked Weed Brewing with a full restaurant, downstairs tap room, bottle shop, and original 15-barrel brewery. Complete with a dog-friendly patio and cocktail area and specializing in West Coast style hoppy beers, open fermented Belgians and barrel aged sours.
‣ Location: 91 Biltmore Ave, Asheville
‣ Hours: Sun-Thur 11-11, Fri-Sat 11-12
‣ Call: 828-575-9599
Wicked Weed Funkatorium
Located in the South Slope District, the Funkatorium is the East Coast’s first sour beer dedicated taproom. Featuring over a dozen varieties of these styles on draught, visitors can expect a full immersion into the old-world way of experiencing and appreciating beer along with a creative food menu from a full kitchen.
‣ Location: 147 Coxe Ave, Asheville
‣ Hours: Sun-Thurs 11-11, Fri-Sat 11-12
‣ Call: 828-552-3202